FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are our answers to some burning questions you may have
About applications in general
Can I apply to one of your programmes? How do I apply? What is the deadline to apply?
Each of our programmes has specific eligibility criteria, application forms, and application timelines.
- For Impact Enterprises:
- Bridge for Billions – visit the page to find incubators you can reach out to for more information on how and when to apply
- Voucher scheme – a programme for support services from incubators
- IRMF – a matching fund for early-stage enterprises seeking to build up their impact management practice
- SIINC – time-limited premium payments to incentivize impact and attract investment
- For Incubators:
- Bridge for Billions – an online incubation platform you can get access to through our programme
- Train-The-Trainer – an opportunity to enhance your ability to deliver Investment Readiness and Impact Management services to impact enterprises; a prerequisite to become a qualified provider for the Voucher Scheme
- For Investors:
- SIE-B is partnering with Bangladesh Angels, the country’s first business angel network. We cannot, however, make a guarantee of an investment.
About specific applications
I have a question about a specific application. What should I do?
During each call for applications, we have an open period for questions. Once this period closes, we will collate the answers and post them to the website so that all can benefit from them. We will also hold webinars for those interested in learning more about specific opportunities.
About business ideas
I have a great idea for a business. Can the programme support me?
In general, SIE-B is targeted at enterprises that are beyond the ideation and seed stage. If that describes you, check the eligibility sections on any of our available calls for application (see above for links) to see if they might fit your needs.
About connections to investors
Can the programme connect me to investors?
The programme is partnering with Bangladesh Angels, the country’s first business angel network. We cannot, however, make a guarantee of an investment.
About key terms
What do you mean by incubator? By impact enterprise? How do I know if I am one?
We have developed a glossary of key terms to help de-mystify some of the sector-specific terms we use. Please check it out to get better acquainted with terms that are used frequently throughout this site > KEY TERMS